Cyrus Meshki completed his education at the college of Law, University of Tehran. Having received his Ph.D. in Law with Honors, he continued his legal education at Western State University, California, USA and Harvard Law School, Boston, MA. In Iran, he served as an Assistant Law Professor, Attorney at Law and legal Consultant at the Ministry of Defense. In the United States, he successfully passed the California Bar Exam in 1989 and has been principal at the Law Offices of Cyrus Meshki, APLC, since 1992. He has published many books and hundreds of articles on legal, Social and Literary subjects. The following are some of his published books: Bridges of Our Lives; Contemporary Legal Thoughts, volume I and II; In Search of Justice; The Sweet Essence of Today’s Poetry; Preferred Stock; and the Legal Institution of Management in Stock Corporations. He lives with his wife in Los Angeles, California.

Published in: on November 14, 2011 at 1:20 pm  Leave a Comment  


Please click on the link below to view an article written by Cyrus Meshki, Esq. in Farsi re: INVESTOR VISAS.



Published in: on November 14, 2011 at 1:14 pm  Leave a Comment  



There are several ways to obtain your US visa. They are mainly divided between immigrant and non-immigrant categories. Selecting the most appropriate option would largely depend on your intent, qualifications and possibilities.

 Permanent Residency (“Green Card”)

“Green Card” can be obtained through employment, family relationship, asylum and marriage.

Non-Immigrant Visa:

There are several types of non-immigrant visas such as tourist, student, business, management, professional, sport, artistic and religious visas.

 The following briefly discusses some of the options available to the applicants:

1) H 1 B

For several years the number of applicants for the 65,000 available H-IB visas has exceeded the supply by a factor of two.

 The H-1B1 visa under the Chile and Singapore Free Trade Agreements, which went into effect on January 1, 2004, allots H-1B visas to citizens of Chile and Singapore.

 2) TN ( Trade NAFTA)

The TN (Trade NAFTA) visa is specifically designed for certain professional employees from Canada and Mexico who desire to work in the U.S.

 3) E-3

The E-3 visa is for citizens of Australia working in” Specially Occupations,” The terms and requirements are very similar to those of the H-1B visa.

4)L 1

The L-1 nonimmigrant visa category is for foreign companies with an existing branch, subsidiary, or affiliate office in the U.S. that wish to transfer employees and officers to their operations in the U.S.

What can you do this year to improve the likelihood that your employees will receive the visas they need? Call us immediately! We are staffed to provide 48-hour turn around on petition preparation. If you do your part, we can assure you that your cases will be filed accurately and on time. With an approval rate in excess of 99.4%, we can file all of your petitions “ready for approval” the first time!

Why risk having your petitions returned because of clerical errors, mailing the petition to the wrong address or with the incorrect filing fees, or filing your petitions too late? Why repeat the frustration you encountered in recent years?  Time is critical.

Published in: on September 1, 2010 at 12:41 pm  Leave a Comment  

How to Obtain A U.S. Visa: through Investment or Management?


Two Popular U.S. Visas 

How to Obtain A U.S. Visa: Investment or Management? 

    The EB5 is an Immigrant Visa which, upon approval confers permanent residency status “Green Card” to its holder and his or her derivatives. In order to obtain this status, one must be an international investor and invest the minimum of $500,000.00 in the rural areas or $1,000,000.00 in the metropolitan regions, i.e., the areas with population of 1,000,000 or more. In addition, the applicant must be engaged in a productive commercial activity which produces income. Moreover, the applicant must hire at least ten (10) full time U.S. workers. Certain regions are designated by the government as economically distressed, underdeveloped, or underemployed. In such areas, even fewer number of employees would suffice.   

   The process normally takes one or more years and after approval by the Immigration Service, a “Conditional Green Card” for the investor and his immediate family members (spouse and children under 21) will be issued. The investor must retain the investment for at least two years thereafter in order to apply for removal of the “condition” from his or her residency and secure a permanent and un-conditional “Green Card.”  

   There are also a few organizations in the U.S. that have been approved by the Immigration Service to accept shareholders for the purposes of applying for Green Card under EB5. These entities normally pay the interest on the invested capital and return the principal investment after completion of the EB5 process.  

     The L1 (Intracompany Transferee Visa) on the other hand, is a Non-Immigrant visa. This permit is usually issued for executives, managers or those who possess special or technical knowledge. 

   In order to apply for a L1 visa, there must be a parent company with at least three years proven record of success in overseas. This entity should establish a branch in the U.S. (as either a subsidiary or affiliate) and designate one or more managers, executives, or persons with special technical knowledge to come and work in the U.S. for the duration of their status.  

   This visa, depending on the nature and scope of its underlying services and other surrounding circumstances, could be extended up to 7 years. This visa, despite its temporary nature, could be changed over to a “Green Card” under certain conditions, usually after one year, provided that the subsidiary remains viable and operative. There is no minimum amount for the investment funding the L1 Company in terms of capitalization; however, this amount would be largely dependent on the type and nature of the work the company is intended to do. 



Cyrus Meshki

(Attorney at Law)

(310) 888-1122



Published in: on August 26, 2010 at 11:40 am  Leave a Comment  
Tags: , , ,

Law Offices of Cyrus Meshki, A Professional Corporation

More than 35 years legal experience in California and Iran:
Immigration; civil and family law; expert on the laws of Iran

10866 Wilshire Blvd. #400
Los Angeles CA 90024
Tel. (310) 888-1122 |  Fax (310) 388-6010

Published in: on August 25, 2010 at 10:30 pm  Leave a Comment